I’m looking for translators to make iPill available in more languages.
The job is very easy so you don’t need to be a professional, moreover I can’t afford to pay translators right now, so those willing to help will simply receive a free iPill Pro account and all my gratitude.
Right now iPill is translated in Italian, English, Spanish and French.
I’m looking for any native speaker for any language, especially:
If you want to help, please contact me using the Contact page on the top of this site.
We’ll be giving away 5 free iPill Pro during the next 30 days.
To participate all you have to do is click here, login with your Facebook account and Tweet about iPill. This will give you one entry to the contest.
You’ll be able to get additional entries following us on Twitter and liking our Facebook Page.
At the end of the contest, we’ll pick up 5 winners and contact them via email.
Privacy: we hate spam, we will NEVER use your email address to send any commercial or unwanted messages. Your data will only be used to contact you if you’re one of the winners.
The last version of iPill, the 2.2, is affected by a bug that make the app crash when started.
It seems to affect just 5 users at the moment (including myself) and, thanks to the fact that I’ve been able to actually see the bug, I’ve already solved the problem.
iPill version 2.2.1 has already been sent to Apple for review and will be available in a few days. In the meantime, if you are unable to start iPill, try these steps:
- force-close iPill (double click the Home button and slide up the iPill window)
- find iPill in your device’s Settings -> Notification Center and deactivate all notifications
- launch iPill (it should open now)
- reactivate the notifications (don’t forget it, otherwise you’ll not receive your medicine’s reminders)
As usual, I’m available via email directly from iPill, via the Contact page on this web site and via the chat widget found at the bottom-right of the home page of this site.
iPill version 2.2 is waiting for review from Apple.
Besides the fixing of few bugs, we’ve introduced these new features:
- selecting a user now directly brings back to the home screen;
- with a 2 seconds touch on the user image in the home screen, it’s possible to directly choose the user;
- with a double touch on the same user image it’s now possible to see the schedule for all the users.
As always, for any problem with iPill, you can contact us directly from within the app, or on this website using the Contact page or the chat button on the lower right of the home page.